Friday, November 6, 2009

Wow! San Diego is amazingly beautiful and really quite temperate.

After spending most of the day flying in, I attended a few sessions this afternoon on chapter and professional development. One of the things I thought was interesting was the presentation on using themes to build excitement for your chapter. UT Austin talked about how they use themes to help determine who their speakers will be and how they go about professional development (this semester's theme, for example, was "Be Recession-Proof"). I also went to a presentation on using e-portfolios to supplement traditional resumes, and making sure to include things like your personal code of ethics.
Tonight is the "Bring us Something PRSSA" party where we're encouraged to bring gifts from our chapters/schools. Thanks to a generous donation from my office on campus, I was able to bring such fun items as ULM hand sanitizer and ULM toothpaste (strange, I know).

No comments:

Post a Comment